Thank you for your interest in chaperoning. Please see the steps below for how to sign up to chaperone:
Step 1: Register with M-DCPS
- Go to http://dadeschools.net and click on “Parents”
- Log in with your parent portal information (the same information you use to check your student’s attendance/grades). If you don’t have a parent portal log-in, click “Create Account” and follow the steps.
- Follow the prompts to register as a volunteer.
- You’ll be given a Volunteer Number – email this number to Mr. Z and he will make sure the Activities Director approves you.
Step 2: Sign Up
- Log into your student’s Charms account using his/her student ID as the password
- Click on the Calendar
- Find the event you wish to chaperone, and click on the hand icon
- Enter your information, and click “Sign Up”
Step 3: Get a Polo
All chaperones for the South Dade Band must wear an official grey “South Dade Band Chaperone” polo shirt as identification at events and football games. Polos can be purchased for $23 from Juan Baez, BBPA President. For more information, you may call or email him at (786) 487-9696 and firstname.lastname@example.org