Thank you for your interest in chaperoning. Please see the steps below for how to sign up to chaperone:
Step 1: Register with M-DCPS
- Go to http://dadeschools.net and click on “Parents”
- Log in with your parent portal information (the same information you use to check your student’s attendance/grades). If you don’t have a parent portal log-in, click “Create Account” and follow the steps.
- Follow the prompts to register as a volunteer.
- You’ll be given a Volunteer Number – email this number to Mr. Davis and he will make sure that Ms. Salazar (Activities Director) approves you.
Step 2: Sign Up
- Log into your student’s Charms account using his/her student ID as the password
- Click on the Calendar
- Find the event you wish to chaperone, and click on the hand icon
- Enter your information, and click “Sign Up”
Step 3: Get a Polo
All chaperones for the South Dade Band must wear an official grey “South Dade Band Chaperone” polo shirt as identification at events and football games. Polos can be purchased for $25 from Mr. Davis.