- Brass and Woodwind applicants will perform a prepared exercise (either Grade 2 or higher from FBA List or the technical exercise from this year’s All-State Audition). Percussion applicants will perform a prepared exercise (either Grade 2 or higher from FBA List or the exercise from this year’s All-State Audition) on both Snare Drum and Mallets.
- Brass, Woodwind, AND Percussion applicants will perform the following types of major scales (percussionists will perform on mallets):
- Six scales and arpeggios (in concert pitch by FBA Gudielines) by memory: F, Bb, Eb, Ab, G, and C
- One two-octave chromatic scale (in concert pitch by FBA Guidelines) by memory starting on F.
- Sight Read music of average difficulty. Percussion applicants will sight read on mallets.
- Demonstrate acceptable proficiency on a music fundamentals exam.
- Bring a one page resume
All auditions take place at SDHS.